misc.phone.mobile.iphone newsgroup statistics for 12/2020

badgolferman

Jan 2, 2021, 2:56:51 PM1/2/21
XanaNews Statistic for misc.phone.mobile.iphone. 01/02/2021 14:55:47

From article 137754 (12/01/2020 06:26:03) to article 138521 (12/31/2020
23:58:25)

Number of threads ................... 78
Number of articles .................. 773
Average articles per thread ......... 9.91
Number of unanswered posts .......... 32

Top Threads

Ranking Articles Subject
------- -------- ----------------------------------
1 91 Re: Clear evidence that the real factual problem on
Apple Usenet newsgroups - is simply that apologists exist
2 72 Want a charger with your iPhone 12? Move to Brazil.
Want Earpods with your iPhone 12? Move to France.
3 52 [NEWS] Apple's A14 Outperforms New Snapdragon 888
Chip Coming in Future Android Phones
4 49 Re: What functionality -
5 47 Apple automobile by 2024?
6 44 iPhone images to television?
7 37 Washingtom METRO now loads SmartTrip carsd onto
IPhone
8 35 App development
9 29 Review: Apple's "goofy looking" horribly expensive
$550 AirPods don't even have the most basic of functionality
10 24 Screen Protectors Still Needed?
11 23 An iOS zero-click radio proximity exploit odyssey
12 22 Re: What are the common well-verified psychological
traits of the Apple Apologists on this newsgroup?
13 18 misc.phone.mobile.iphone newsgroup statistics for
11/2020
14 18 Re: What is the most brilliant marketing move Apple
ever made?
15 18 A Brazilian consumer protection agency declared the
"charger in the box" to be an "essential" component.
16 17 Apple loses copyright claims in lawsuit against
Corellium bug testing startup who created a better iOS emulator for
security research
17 13 iOS 12.5
18 12 Facebook blasts Apple in new ads over iPhone privacy
change
19 11 Apple Maps - improvement. (?)
20 9 Battle of the Tech Barons: Facebook versus Apple
21 9 Apple Temporarily Closes All California Stores as
Virus Cases Rise
22 9 Tens of thousands of donated iPhones are turning
into ewaste because of an iCloud locking
23 9 Re: Are they updating your Android device too
frequently lately?
24 7 Re: Why do apologists like Alan Baker & nospam
desperately try to shift the blame of Apple bugs to Google & Microsoft?
25 5 Re: What is the factual truth about PRIVACY
differences or similarities between the Android & iOS mobile phone
ecosystems?

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
------- -------- -------------------------- --------------------
1 171 Arlen Holder
2 124 Arlen Holder
3 73 nospam Thoth
4 59 Lewis slrn
5 49 Alan Baker Mozilla
6 30 sms Mozilla
7 30 Jolly Roger slrn
8 26 Matt tin
9 24 badgolferman NewsTap
10 24 Chris NewsTap
11 24 Alan Browne Mozilla
12 21 JF Mezei Mozilla
13 19 Your Name Unison
14 10 Ant tin
15 9 Joerg Lorenz Mozilla
16 7 dale
17 6 Savageduck Usenapp
18 4 geoff
19 4 james
20 3 Wade Garrett Mozilla
21 3 Steve MicroPlanet-Gravity
22 3 b...@ripco.com
23 3 Snit NewsTap
24 2 Anssi Saari Gnus
25 2 Brian Gordon

Arlen Holder

Jan 3, 2021, 8:24:50 PM1/3/21
On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 19:56:48 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> 1 171 Arlen Holder
> 2 124 Arlen Holder

Again, just so you know, I don't change anything in the nym.

Even if I did, it only fools utter morons like Lewis, Alan Baker, Jolly
Roger, Joerg Lorenz, and other Type III apologistic idiots.

Any adult who can't figure out my posts in ten seconds is a moron.

badgolferman

Jan 4, 2021, 8:10:04 AM1/4/21
Arlen Holder wrote:

>On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 19:56:48 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
>
>> 1 171 Arlen Holder
>> 2 124 Arlen Holder
>
>Again, just so you know, I don't change anything in the nym.

Yes, you are correct. But there is something about your username that
causes the extra space in unread articles. I've noticed the same thing
when viewing this newsgroup with NewsTap so it's not just my desktop
client Xananews. I've also used other newsservers and the result is
the same. Your username is the only one where this anomaly is evident.

badgolferman

Jan 4, 2021, 11:09:42 AM1/4/21
I am starting to think your username actually has extra spaces in it.
When the newsreaders finally read the whole message they make an
attempt to fix it.

What is your username when you post your messages?
Arlen Holder or
Arlen Holder ?

I would ask others but no one will acknowledge your existence anymore.

nospam

Jan 4, 2021, 11:15:43 AM1/4/21
In article <xn0mshrg4...@nntp.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Arlen Holder wrote:
> >

> I am starting to think your username actually has extra spaces in it.
> When the newsreaders finally read the whole message they make an
> attempt to fix it.
>
> What is your username when you post your messages?
> Arlen Holder or
> Arlen Holder ?

his posts are generated by buggy scripts, and apparently, one of them
is inserting an extra space.

> I would ask others but no one will acknowledge your existence anymore.

they do, but not in a good way.

Arlen Holder

Jan 4, 2021, 9:52:04 PM1/4/21
On Mon, 04 Jan 2021 11:15:41 -0500, nospam wrote:

>> What is your username when you post your messages?
>> Arlen Holder or
>> Arlen Holder ?
>
> his posts are generated by buggy scripts, and apparently, one of them
> is inserting an extra space.
>
>> I would ask others but no one will acknowledge your existence anymore.
>
> they do, but not in a good way.

Hehhehheh... think about my overall strategy which is to show the
apologists for what they are. It's why I'm here, badgolferman.

If the apologists didn't bullshit us all the time...
o Then there wouldn't be any need for me to even be on this newsgroup.

The _less_ the infantile apologists post to this newsgroup...
o The _better_ quality are the threads to this newsgroup, badgolferman.

So if Lewis, or Alan Baker or Jolly Roger or Joerg Lorenz or YourName, et
al., ignore all my posts, isn't that a "good thing" badgolferman?

Not one of them has any capability whatsoever to add value to this ng.

Anyway, I'd be glad to _change_ the user name for you if you like.
o Why would I care _what_ the username is?

It's bogus just as yours is (badgolferman) and as nospam's is too.
o If you want, I'll change the username

But the one problem with that is all the morons will scream that they
couldn't figure out my posts (which, again, I posit, if it takes an adult
more than ten seconds to figure out my posts, they're utter morons).

Anyway, checking my scripts, you are _correct_, there were multiple spaces.
o I've corrected that for this post, but expect the morons to scream.

I repeat: This post should have the multiple spaces removed.
o There should only be a single space between "Arlen" & "Holder"

Let me know if that fixes things for you as I, for one, do appreciate that
you post the statistics to this newsgroup (and to alt.home.repair).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to always be helpful to those who
don't try to bullshit us (which all the apologists always try to do).

Arlen Holder

Jan 4, 2021, 10:06:44 PM1/4/21
On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 16:09:39 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> I would ask others but no one will acknowledge your existence anymore.

Hi badgolferman,

On that topic I would consider that a "good thing".

Given the apologists can only bullshit, almost all of them have realized
they can't stand up to something as simple as a fact.

So you will never see 99% of the Type III apologists responding to any of
my posts, because they realize they're so out of their league it's sad.

The _one_ moronic Type III apologist who does respond, is, sadly so,
Alan Baker, who is too stupid to even realize how stupid he really is.

Paradoxically, it is I who has him in my killfile (along with Snit,
Diesel, Gremlin, Rudy Wieser, and a few other utter morons).

Even the Type II apologists like Steve Scharf and Alan Browne realize
they're so out of their league when they come up against me that they
simply go quiet when we show their cites to be complete bullshit.

For example, just today, Steve tried to pile on the cites, where none of
them were even recent, and two of them said the exact _opposite_ of what
Steve claimed they said, and most were from 2011 and 2014, where coverage
is something that changes a lot in the past decade.

So rest assured it's a "good thing" when apologists realize they're
completely out of their league with me, as none of them handles facts like
I can. (e.g., I doubt Steve or Alan Browne have science or math or
engineering degrees simply because they don't seem to be able to
doublecheck their facts).

Bearing in mind my facts are _never_ wrong, the _only_ apologist who "can"
handle facts is, again, paradoxically, nospam himself.

He actually "sometimes" knows more than I do although his credibility is
worse than that of a coin toss simply because he'll defend any Apple
MARKETING decision to the death (e.g., he still claims that the iPhone X
doesn't have throttling while Apple themselves admits they added throttling
software in October of 2019, just months after telling Congress in February
of that year that throttling software wasn't "as" necessary for the iPhone
8 and iPhone X, and yet, there it is).

In summary, the apologists hate me, badgolferman, simply because they've
never found even a single fact from me to be materially wrong - and that's
saying a lot given how many facts I post to this newsgroup that they hate.

And that's a good thing.

The _less_ the apologists post to this newsgroup, the higher the quality of
thee threads to this newsgroup will be.

Only nospam knows what he's talking about, but, unfortunately, he'll never
take a position that is the antithesis of Apple MARKETING's position, so
you need someone like me, who comprehends facts, to counter his bullshit.

If nospam simply stuck to the facts, he'd be fine though.
o As he's the only apologist who actually comprehends the salient facts.

But he often turns into "instant child" when he can't confront facts.
o It's why he's an apologist, after all, badgolferman.

None of the apologists own adult skills when confronted with facts.
--
Posted to explain that it's a good thing apologists have realized they have
absolutely no adult defense to something as simple as a fact.

badgolferman

Jan 5, 2021, 9:59:42 AM1/5/21
Arlen Holder wrote:

>Anyway, checking my scripts, you are correct, there were multiple
>spaces. o I've corrected that for this post, but expect the morons
>to scream.
>
>I repeat: This post should have the multiple spaces removed.
>o There should only be a single space between "Arlen" & "Holder"
>
>Let me know if that fixes things for you as I, for one, do appreciate
>that you post the statistics to this newsgroup (and to
>alt.home.repair).

Yes, it appears to be fixed now. Thank you for taking the effort to
clear up that mystery.

Arlen Holder

Jan 5, 2021, 12:43:08 PM1/5/21
On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 14:59:39 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> Yes, it appears to be fixed now. Thank you for taking the effort to
> clear up that mystery.

Hi badgolferman,

Thanks for reporting back, as it's what responsible adults do.

It was absolutely no problem for me to change, as I don't care one whit
what _anyone's_ handle is, given they are almost all bogus anyway.

I used to change mine for privacy, but that gave the morons "ammo" so I
stopped and now they lost all their ammo to call me a troll (which is
funny, given if it takes an adult more than a few seconds to figure out my
posts, that's proof, IMHO, they're utter morons).

Anyway, I toyed with the idea of changing the nym on each January 1st, but
it's also kind'a nice that I can search on my moniker to find my threads,
since I'm one of the rare people on this newsgroup with 100% factual
credibility (so I back up my facts with cites when they're first claimed).

Anyway, I much appreciate three things about you badgolferman:
1. You don't seem to be an apologist
2. You provide feedback (unlike, oh, say, sms, who bullshits & then hides)
3. You post the statistics to this newsgroup and to others

BTW, have you noticed how much fantastically _cleaner_ a.h.r is lately?
o <http://tinyurl.com/alt-home-repair>

You have no idea how many _hundreds_ of headers I forwarded to the trolls'
nntp server admins, where I got at least a half dozen kicked off in just a
week's worth of effort.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart because I care about this newsgroup.

badgolferman

Jan 5, 2021, 1:03:59 PM1/5/21
Arlen Holder wrote:

>BTW, have you noticed how much fantastically cleaner a.h.r is lately?
>o <http://tinyurl.com/alt-home-repair>
>
>You have no idea how many hundreds of headers I forwarded to the
>trolls' nntp server admins, where I got at least a half dozen kicked
>off in just a week's worth of effort.

It's kind of off topic for this group but no, I haven't noticed since
the group is a cesspool and there are so many trolls which should be
banned. It's the only group which I actually filter out certain
posters, yet there are occasional decent home repair topics. This
group is incredibly benign compared to the other one.

Arlen Holder

Jan 5, 2021, 1:16:14 PM1/5/21
On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 18:03:55 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> It's kind of off topic for this group but no, I haven't noticed since
> the group is a cesspool and there are so many trolls which should be
> banned. It's the only group which I actually filter out certain
> posters, yet there are occasional decent home repair topics. This
> group is incredibly benign compared to the other one.

Hi badgolferman,

To that point, it's _extremely_ apropos for the mobile device newsgroups.
o And to the desktop OS newsgroups (e.g., the Mac groups have _plenty_).

Yesterday, I spent _hours_ trying to help a "philo" poster
o He kept throwing up hurdles
o He didn't read any cites I provided
o He didn't download the apps he needed to get the information
o He kept claiming it couldn't be done
etc.

Then I happened on over to the a.h.r newsgroup, and WHAM!
o There were _hundreds_ of trolls from this "philo" character.

I wasted hours of my valuable time trying to help it.
o And the entire time, it was toying with me.

It simply fabricated the problem
o It simply kept throwing up imaginary hurdles to the solution

It wasted my time.
o Note that those hours were NOT spent helping a real human

A real human with a real problem.
o That's what's so detrimental to these trolls...

Some of whom also post to this Apple newsgroup.
o micky <https://i.postimg.cc/4Nyd369x/micky01.jpg>
o T: <https://i.postimg.cc/52nK78Ph/Troll-Named-T.jpg>
o Bob F <https://i.postimg.cc/wvff63gX/bobf01.jpg>
etc.

The point is that, yes, they've infested a.h.r such that it's a cesspool.
o But worse, they're coming over to the mobile device newsgroups

Luckily, they tend to do three things that highlight them:
a. They tend to post from the same posting account
b. They tend to congratulate each other in trolling (often within seconds)
c. They tend to throw the obvious infantile political bullshit

In summary, it matters a lot that we detect these trolls
o And that we report their trolling to their nntp admins

Because any time spent on it, is time NOT spent on someone who matters.
--
The effort we waste on these infantile trolls is not spent helping others.

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 3:32:39 PM1/6/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 08:57:48 +1300, Your Name wrote:

> On 2021-01-06 15:23:20 +0000, Arlen Holder said:
>
>> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka
>> proxy) browsers do you know of?
> <snip>
>
> And the asswipe know-nothing anti-Apple moronic little braindead troll
> changes his posting name yet again. :-\

Hehhehheh... Hey badgolferman,
o *Didn't I tell you "Your Name" would scream when faced with a "space"!*

YourName is further evidence what turns these Apple newsgroups into the
childish cesspool that it currently is, is simply that apologists exist.
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Ptd7f_C4MbM/m/ijpajX_iCQAJ>
"And the asswipe know-nothing anti-Apple moronic little braindead
troll changes his posting name yet again."

You have to admit I have these three types of apologists pegged so much
that I 100% correctly publicly predicted morons like "Your Name" would scream
if we fix the double spaces you asked me to fix in this post from you:
o misc.phone.mobile.iphone newsgroup statistics for 12/2020, by badgolferman
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o>

Where you asked me to remove an extraneous space:
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o/m/pdjmjevdCQAJ>
"Yes, it appears to be fixed now. Thank you for taking the effort
to [remove the extraneous space]..."

I replied that I would fix it; but that the childish apologists would cry:
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o/m/Mrrpkza2CQAJ>
"I'd be glad to _change_ the user name for you if you like.
But the one problem with that is all the morons will scream.
I've [removed a space], but expect the morons to scream."

This post by YourName is yet another proof that it's the apologists
alone who turn this Apple newsgroup into the childish cesspool it is.
1. I spent an hour compiling lots of links of useful value
2. I read a bunch of reviews, so that I would have accurate data
3. And yet, the Type III apologists complain about a single space!

There's no better obvious proof of how utterly worthless these worthless pieces
of shit are, than what Your Name just proved to everyone on this newsgroup!
o He's never in his life _ever_ contributed value to Usenet
Not even once!

And yet, the Type III apologist screams bloody murder when someone else
writes a damn good opening post which contains tons of useful value...
o Where I happened to have removed a single character at the express
request of badgolferman, who compiles newsgroup usage statistics.

You have to admit, I have these three types of apologists 100% pegged:
o Type I (nospam) will defend Apple to the death at all costs
o Type II (sms) believe MARKETING bullshit sans ever checking on facts
o Type III (Your Name) will complain like hell about deletion of a space!

Far be it for _any_ of the Apple apologists to comprehend the topic.
o Worse... it would be against all reason for them to _add_ an iota of value

All they _can_ do, like Rudy Wieser and the other worthless pieces of shit
who infest these newsgroups, is "complain about a deletion of a space".

Every apologist acts like a child when confronted with simple facts.
o Even when, in this case, badgolferman asked me to delete a space!
--
YourName is further evidence what turns the Apple newsgroups into the
childish cesspool that they currently are, is simply that apologists exist.